Confiscated weapon returned to civilian who killed terrorist

Wednesday, March 23, 2022, 10:04 Following public protest, the civilian who killed a terrorist in Be’er Sheva yesterday (Tuesday) has had his personal weapon of defense returned to him by the police. The terrorist murdered four victims and injured two in a stabbing-car ramming attack. Honenu Attorney Adi Keidar, who assisted the hero at the police station in the Old City of Be’er Sheva: “We are pleased that the incident is over. We expect and hope that the police will draw the correct conclusions and use their common sense in future incidents of this kind.”

Last night, at the police station, Honenu Attorney Adi Keidar, who assisted the civilian, demanded that the police return the confiscated weapon: “The police are refusing to return to the shooter who killed the terrorist his personal weapon, despite his demand and his concern for safety in light of the fact that his photograph is on display everywhere [social media] and his place of residence has been publicized. The police acted disrespectfully and brusquely told him that he could hire a private guard service. The despicable treatment he received only increases the difficulties faced due to the lack of a deterrent that the police have created. The situation is very serious and we demand that his weapon be returned tonight.”

The civilian refused to leave the police station without his weapon, which he needs for self-defense, and approximately 45 minutes later, Keidar added: “The police are continuing their refusal to return his weapon – his means of personal defense, to the shooter. The police have demanded that he leave the station and are threatening to detain him. This is unbelievable.” (See video clip below.)

Afterwards, protesters started to demonstrate outside of the police station, and soon a large group had gathered at the site. Amital Bareli, the director of Chotam, a religious-Zionist organization concerned with all aspects of Jewish identity, joined the protest.

One of the policemen at the station in Be’er Sheva was recorded threatening the civilian. In light of the threats to him that are being widely shared on social media platforms, the civilian filed a complaint.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.