One-year memorial for Destau Bisset, Hy”d

Please click here for a list of posts relating to the investigation of the murder of Destau Bisset, Hy”d, and click here for a list of posts relating to the Arab rioting throughout Israel in May 2021.

Wednesday, June 15, 2022, 20:05 Destau Bisset, Hy”d, age 74, was run over by two Arabs riding electric bicycles in Ramle in May 2021, during Operation Guardian of the Walls, and succumbed to his injuries approximately three weeks later. Eyewitnesses to the incident stated that the cyclists intentionally collided with Bisset, attempted to run over people waiting at a bus station, and then fled the scene.

Although one year has passed since Arabs murdered Destau Bisset, Hy”d, his murderers have not been apprehended and are walking around freely. Tomorrow (Thursday) the family will visit his grave in the Ramle cemetery. Afterward, a memorial will be held for the general public.

In the announcement of the memorial, the family wrote:

“We cannot believe that a year has passed. Every day without you is an eternity. A memorial will be held one year after the murder of my beloved husband, our father, grandfather, brother, and uncle, Destau Bisset, Hy”d. We are honored to invite the public to gather together in his memory for the annual memorial of his death, which will take place according to the tradition of our forefathers.”

The family added that the memorial will be led by Ethiopian spiritual leaders, Kesses, and concluded “In prayer and expectation that his murderers will be apprehended and brought to trial.”

Bisset’s family has worked tirelessly to bring his murderers to trial. They pressured the police and the GSS to investigate the murder and also requested that an investigative judge be appointed to oversee the investigation. To the family’s sorrow, the court ruled not to investigate Bisset’s death, mere days after the GSS announced that they would not be involved with the investigation. Honenu Attorneys Chayim Bleicher and Ariel Atari represented the Bisset family in legal proceedings.

The family made a statement: “For a year, we have claimed that the police are being negligent. The more time passed, the more the police and all the law enforcement authorities neglected the investigation and eventually stopped handling the case. The disrespect shown by the law enforcement authorities and their abandonment of us hurt us deeply, more than the loss itself. The police commissioner who renounced his responsibility and was not willing to meet with the family should hand in his keys and go home. He is a resounding failure.”

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.