Remand extension on Yitzhar resident suspected of “price tag” incident

Thursday, February 16, 18:36 The remand of a Yitzhar resident whose vehicle is suspected of being used in a “price tag” incident has been extended by four days.
Honenu reports that a short time ago a deliberation at the Jerusalem Magistrate Court on the case of a Yitzhar resident arrested last night on suspicion that his vehicle was used in an incident in which a vehicle was damaged in the Arab village of Nabi Elias in the Shomron has ended. The remand of the suspect has been extended until Sunday. The judge, Eilata Ziskind, added that the evidence implicating the suspect is quite weak.
Police forces arrived early this morning at the community of Yitzhar. During a search for one of the residents policemen arrived at the house of his neighbors. The police banged on the door and woke up the residents. After it became apparent that they had arrived at the wrong house the police continued their search.
When the policemen arrived at the house of the resident for whom they were searching they found it unlocked and entered without receiving permission. As a result of the noise a young child woke up and began to cry. When the parents woke up to the sound of their son crying they were shocked to see policemen in their house. The parents asked to see the warrant authorizing the police to enter their house, and met with refusal from the policemen and an additional reprimand that they weren’t taking care of their child who was crying in the middle of the night.
The police asked the father to present his identity card and after they identified him they informed him that he was arrested. The arrestee was taken for interrogation to the Central Unit of the Yehuda and Shomron Police in Ma’aleh Adumim.
In the announcement by the police they reported that in the village of Nabi Elias near Kalkilya a vehicle was burnt and graffiti was found. A vehicle suspected being used in the incident was found and its owner was arrested.
In the afternoon the arrestee, who is suspected of involvement with the Nabi Elias incident, was brought to the Jerusalem Magistrate Court for a deliberation and the police requested a remand extension of five days. Honenu attorney Adi Kedar represented the arrestee.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.